Welcome to Yellowstone Country Campgrounds
Yellowstone Country Campgrounds is the concessionaire of the Gallatin National Forest campgrounds located on the Bozeman and Livingston Ranger Districts. The Gallatin National Forest is the northwestern corridor to Yellowstone National Park. Our campgrounds range from 40 – 90 minute drive to Yellowstone National Park. We operate and maintain campgrounds located in the Gallatin Canyon, Hyalite Canyon, and Paradise Valley. You can choose from 10 developed campgrounds located right next to paved roads or off the beaten track.
Gallatin Canyon - A scenic drive down a steep-walled canyon, Highway 191 parallels the Gallatin River, providing access to trailheads and opportunities for camping, fishing and whitewater boating.
Hyalite Canyon – A mountain valley, south of Bozeman, this area has a reservoir for boating (no-wake), and campgrounds adjacent to the creek and reservoir with trails to waterfalls and high lakes.
Paradise Valley – The West Absaroka Mountains rise majestically from the east and the snow-capped peaks offer trails with a range of difficulties for hiking, horseback riding or off-road travel.
Our campgrounds offer:
• Sites located on the banks of Hyalite Reservoir; others just a cast away from the Gallatin River or Mill Creek.
• Clean, quiet, natural wooded settings.
• Accessible facilities, including toilets, picnic tables, and fishing platforms.
• Friendly camp hosts, large picnic tables, fire rings, drinking water (hand pumps or pressurized systems), garbage service, firewood (bundled for sale), and vault toilets.
• Electrical hookups available at Red Cliff Campground.
Reservations available for all campgrounds and group sites at www.recreation.gov or (877) 444-6777.
Whether you are on your way to or from Yellowstone National Park, fishing the Gallatin River or Hyalite Reservoir, or staying a few days to take in the sights, Yellowstone Country Campgrounds are the perfect spot to begin your recreation activities. Thank you for considering one of our campgrounds for your camping needs. We’ll see you there…
If you are looking for campgrounds near West Yellowstone, Montana, the western gate to Yellowstone National Park, please visit